Saturday, February 26, 2005

Teleportation!

The website of the Federation of American Scientists is a site with all manner of information on it. Finding myself on the site having Googled for a Madeleine Albright speech, I was soon distracted by a study of quantum teleportation conducted for the US Air Force by a private research lab in Las Vegas. All so very sci-fi that I had to share... check it out.

The other fantastic exciting fascinating news I have for you, my loyal readers, is that I was fortunate enough to visit an "Eerie pub," one of 5 (or now, 4) in London, which are decked out a bit like the set of Brazil and feature such fantastic events as meetings of the London Vampire society, Tarot readnigs, theme nights, magicians, a selection of cocktails named after the 7 deadly sins, and weird concoctions you drink out of test tubes.
Tragically, the Bell, Book and Candle near St. Pauls is ceased to be an Eerie pub as of closing time last night. But there are 4 others around London, including one by Oxford Circus. I strongly encourage anyone who has the chance to check them out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Ah yes. I remember fondly a visit to Ben Crouch's Tavern last year. Sadly there are no eerie dive bars in Chicago. Except maybe those ones rendered eerie by being lit only by glowing neon Bud Light signs.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home