Monday, June 02, 2008

Back in the CIS

I've managed to get here without missing my flight, or my connection, or losing my luggage, or forgetting anything really essential.
When I got to the apartment and started talking to my host, she asked me if I had forgotten how to speak Russian. I blame any deterioration on having to do exams recently. She says I will 'quickly remember' though...let's hope so.
The weather is a bit miserable, and it will rain today and tomorrow, but then we should be getting some sunshine.
I'm hoping to see Chekhov's 'Uncle Vania' and one of Chaikovskii's operas of 'Evgenii Onegin' and 'The Queen of Spades,' which are currently playing. I'll have to see what I can get tickets for.
There is also a (presumably Russian-language) adaption of Gershwin's Porgy and Bess... which I think I might avoid.

New photographs - including of one of the strangest sculptures I've ever seen - will appear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home