Monday, March 14, 2005

Films films films

Been watching many lately. Here are my thoughts:
Kinsey isn't as good as everyone says. Million Dollar Baby didn't deserve any oscars (but passes the time) and the central premise of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (ie that all human interaction can be summed up in material posessions) is very disturbing indeed. Interesting kind of film though, and arguably a far more interesting take on amnesia than Memento was. After all, most people fall in love, but only a few are plotting revenge-murders. Not that I want to bash Memento particularly. It was enjoyable enough.

An extended meditation on what the Spongebob Squarepants film tells us about the current state of animation (I think we're on the edge of a post-Pixar cinematic era, or at least I hope we are) will follow when I have a bit more time...

1 Comments:

Blogger joygoddess said...

Don't you DARE say a bad word about Spongebob Squarepants!!! I will stop being your friend if you do! lol... :)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home