Friday, June 13, 2008

from afar

There are photographs ready. But all my internet time is taken up with dealing with the insanity of the ESRC.
Only time to wonder at the death-throes of habeas corpus, which David Davis is unlikely to succeed in reviving, in my humble opinion, although perhaps we shall see. I'm a few hours to early to see whether Irish voters have killed the EU constitution. The analysts say that if they have voted 'no', then Gordon (or whoever) will likely be forced in to holding a referendum in the UK. Which would be a welcome oasis of something resembling 'democracy' in the midst of the present desert.
Meanwhile, I've realized that (historiographically,) my research project ultimately revolves around the French revolution... clearly my fault for temporarily forgetting that EVERYTHING revolves around the French revolution... details, perhaps, when I have more time.